Materials characterization?is critical for?the food and?drink?sector and is employed at almost every stage?of the food production chain. ?A large number of analytical techniques are available for assessing different characteristics of food and drink?products?in terms of their structure, composition, physicochemical properties and sensorial characteristics.
These techniques are widely used?by?ingredient manufacturers, food producers, researchers and?dedicated food analysis?laboratories?to ensure product quality, safety and process efficiency.??
Malvern?Panalytical?provides a number of?the?key?analytical techniques?used in this sector,?including??
- X-ray fluorescence for monitoring?nutrient,?mineral?and trace elements in food,??and for confirming?food authenticity or?contamination??
- Particle size?analyzers?for measuring the size of powders, emulsions?and?dispersions,?from?nanometers?to?millimeters??
- Chromatography techniques for determining molecular weight?and molecular?structure of polysaccharides and proteins??
- Morphological imaging and chemical imaging to assess particle size, shape and chemical properties of solid components??
- Zeta potential analyzers for predicting and optimizing?dispersion?and emulsion stability??
- Near-infrared analysis for fat, protein, moisture, sugar and starch content, as well as blend uniformity
Malvern?Panalytical?also provide a range of in-line and on-line process solutions?for monitoring and controlling production operations.